It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use Document Studio/Launcher to create a report similar to the 'create report' option in the compare configurations menu in DNG

Srinivas Sakibanda (133) | asked Feb 28 '22, 12:25 a.m.
edited Feb 28 '22, 12:32 a.m.

Hi,

We are wanting to compare configurations, more specifically baselines in DNG. Is there any way to use Document Studio/Launcher to create a report similar to the 'create report' option in the compare configurations menu in DNG? I know DNG has EDG built in, but currently we cannot generate the report from within DNG (currently investigating this issue). For the meanwhile we were thinking to use Document Studio/Launcher as EDG is included in these thick clients (that is my understanding, correct me if I'm incorrect). If you cannot use Document/Launcher to generate this type of report, is there any other application in the Jazz suite e.g. Engineering Insights or Report Builder to generate this type of report?

Many thanks for any suggestions!
Srin

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Feb 28 '22, 12:46 a.m.
edited Feb 28 '22, 12:47 a.m.

You can use Launcher (or Document Builder) to generate comparison document by providing 2 configurations (Configuration-Context and Base Configuration-Context). Please refer the following:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elo-p/7.0.2?topic=wizard-creating-comparison-document#task_vsv_z2k_thb
You will find 3 Word outputs  - output for Configuration-Context, output for Base Configuration-Context and the differential output.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.