It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an RQM (QM) Client similar to the RM Client that exists for building extensions and widgets?

Marwan Johnstone (11) | asked Feb 25 '22, 6:13 p.m.

Hello,

We have a widget that we are working on that requires the ability to use the dialogue pickers in DNG. In RM there is documentation to access a userPicker through the RMExtensions client. 

However, QM does not seem to have that same functionality. We've found that there is a way to do this through OSLC by finding the appropriate picker url and invoking it through an iframe using delegated user interface dialogues (https://archive.open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification.html#Delegated_User_Interface_Dialogs). 

It's my understanding that QM has no such client, in that case we are wondering what is the best approach to utilizing the UI dialogues - is there a good way to determine a current configuration and project without relying on a client?

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Feb 26 '22, 11:20 a.m.

Marwan,

You are right there is no client similar to DNG for ETM.

You can create your own event handlers in Javascript that will get data from ETM interface and in the back make OSLC calls or use ETM Reportable API.

Marwan Johnstone commented Feb 28 '22, 10:30 a.m.

Have you seen examples of this being developed? I have a general idea of how to approach this from the OSLC documentation, but I'm fairly new to developing with IBM products, so any documentation that you may have regarding the ETM Reportable API or the event handlers would be helpful. 

Thank you for the information!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 01 '22, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The answer to your question is likely no. 

The question is what you want to achieve. I am also unsure what you refer to with "RM"

My understanding is that DNG and ETM support OSLC, including the hover and the creation and selection dialogs. So you could use the OSLC mechanisms. DNG has also a client API that would allow to integrate to DNG in widgets. ETM does not have such an API.

A general entry point into the APIs is here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding
I am trying to provide some details for OSLC in my blog series https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2021/09/29/using-the-ewm-rest-and-oslc-apis/ but that is more centered on EWM. However, the general mechanisms apply. You already refer to the creation dialogs and how they work. If you need to show such an dialog, that would be the way to go.

permanent link
Michael Rowe (364) | answered Mar 02 '22, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR
edited Mar 02 '22, 4:20 p.m.

If you are using a widget, can you present the user with picklist of project areas, by querying the oslc qm Catalog, that would provide you with the project area ID and allow you to store it.  The QM catalog is in the rootservices document.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.