It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get RTC work item attribute data using java API?

Melissa McKinley (131) | asked Feb 09 '22, 5:49 a.m.
edited Feb 09 '22, 9:16 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I am using below code and it returns some information about "Filed Against" attribute. But there I am not able to find attribute data. 

IAttribute someAttribute= workItemClient.findAttribute(projectAreaHandle, workItem.CATEGORY_PROPERTY, monitor);

</pre>
    <div>
        <br>
    </div>
</div>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 09 '22, 9:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The question seems incomplete and is not really a question either, the tagging with just extending is not helping. If you ask a question again, read the tagging documentation and select at least the product you ask about.

Having said that, with that call you only find the attribute and its type. You have to perform a getValue on the work item and this attribute to access the value contained. 

See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/working-with-work-item-attributes/ how you can use the Java API with attributes. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ and have a look at the referenced getting started blogs to understand the basics of the EWM Java APIs.
Melissa McKinley selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Melissa McKinley commented Feb 10 '22, 6:11 a.m. | edited Feb 10 '22, 7:08 a.m.

It is very informative and helpful to me. Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 10 '22, 7:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please accept the answer as correct. Please note that you can comment answers which avoids creating  unnecessary answers that are not answers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.