It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[DNG] How to fetch workitem state from a linked Requirement Artifact

Chandan M B (1133473) | asked Feb 07 '22, 9:42 a.m.

Hello,

I am aware of the DNG Client Extension to create/update attribute values for a module. Now I want to fetch the workitem state of the linked workitem using Implemented By.
Could you please guide me with approaches ?

Kind Regards,
Chandan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '22, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would have to retrieve the URI of the work item from the link. Then you would have to GET the URI in an OSLC fashion to get the data. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2022/02/02/ewm-work-item-oslc-cm-api/ for OSLC work item CRU works.

Comments
Chandan M B commented Feb 07 '22, 2:32 p.m.

Thanks Ralph and I have update the value of a state in DNG attribute. This approach looks for me in future not so performance enough. Any thoughts ? 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '22, 2:07 a.m.

I do not understand this comment. 

Chandan M B commented Feb 08 '22, 3:30 a.m.

The usecase is 

Fetch the linked WI state for an Requirement and update the value of an DNG attribute with the WI state.If we execute for whole module, do we see any performance issues ? 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '22, 3:41 a.m.

I do not know what you see with respect to performance, but communication takes time and has performance implications. You pay for communication you have to do.

If you want to get at the data, you need to do the communication. 

Weather the gained insight is worth the communication cost is your decision. So, dependent on the size of the modules, you will see waiting times and the servers will be hit. To what extend is something you will have to test and decide.

OSLC uses links only and does not have automations for updating the data in both ends for this and other reasons. 

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Feb 07 '22, 9:47 a.m.

Chandan,

DNG Client Extension is only supporting actions done on the artefacts in the DNG. You can use combination of DNG Client Extension API to access DNG data and later continue with OSLC and CCM to get data using implemented by.

You wont be able to get data of work item using DNG Client Extension API that is why You have to use OSLC.

Hope it is answering Your question.

Bart

Comments
Chandan M B commented Feb 07 '22, 10:16 a.m.

Thanks Bartosz. I am familiar with first part. Not sure how to get workitem info once i get URL of workitem. Any hints on examples or where i can refer to ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.