It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

1440p Fullscreen - Rendering Issue

Trevor Norred (11) | asked Feb 03 '22, 4:30 a.m.

Perhaps it's a known issue, but when I put the RTC web client (Jazz Team Server Version: 7.0.1) in fullscreen on my 1440p monitor (Samsung odyssey G7 if it makes a difference) I get horizontal lines across the screen, like it can't scale past a certain point and just stretches the interface without filling the gaps.   If I put the browser in a window and reduce the size enough, looks fine.

I've replicated the issue on both Chrome and Edge.  

I'd include a printscreen, but the printscreen has reduced resolution and looks fine.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '22, 4:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean with full screen?

Can you provide detailed steps you perform to see that? 

I am running on an Samsung Odyssey 49" (not sure about the number, I purchased an older model after the new Odyssey was temporarily pulled from the market) on 5120*1440 32Bit. I have not seen issues so far since the 2+ years I use it.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '22, 4:57 a.m.

I tried Chrome F11, zoom in and out with 7.0.2 and did not see any artifacts. I do not have 7.0.1 available for testing at the moment.

Trevor Norred commented Feb 03 '22, 5:32 a.m.

Steps to reproduce:

-Open chrome or edge and navigate to company's RTC URL
-Put browser in fullscreen

I tried different zoom levels, the issue is present at any zoom level over 80%. At 75% and 80% I see a different issue, the screen actually flickers.  67% zoom and smaller, it renders normally.

I took a picture of the monitor to try to demonstrate, but it won't let me upload because I don't have enough reputation.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '22, 5:38 a.m.

FullScreen on Chrome = F11.

I tried between 500% and 25% and I can't seem to reproduce. 

You could create a case with support. The number of these ultra wide screens is very low these days, there is probably not a lot of data available.

Trevor Norred commented Feb 03 '22, 5:58 a.m.

Happens both on F11 fullscreen (ie: no navigation bar or tabs) and by clicking maximize in top right.

Monitor is 2560x1440, so 16:9.  Not one of these unusual aspect ratio ulta-wides.  

How does one open a support ticket?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '22, 8:09 a.m.

Use the menu item called SUPPORT in the top center right of the Jazz.net site. You need a customer number afaik. 

I used 5120*1440, sorry. I looked up 1440p and it also mentioned my resolution. I find all these confusing terms.  They appear to be clear, but then, not so. Good luck with the ticket.  

Trevor Norred commented Feb 03 '22, 8:37 a.m.

No worries, thanks for the help!

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.