It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE/RQM Word export : ascending order of test sheets

Marie-Emilie Bion (357) | asked Jan 24 '22, 8:35 a.m.
edited Jan 24 '22, 9:10 a.m.

Hello, I have an RPE/RQM template which exports, for a test plan (main template which carries the others = Test_Plan_template), Case test sheets (in the form of a table: see schema below).

Test plan template extract

Conteneur – test case _RQM TestCase Feed $1 feed/entry/content/testcase

Data source configuration

_TCase

Referred template <_TestCase.dta>

Table

Line _Tcase §105 testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute

Cell                                                                                                                         Cell

Texte                                                                                                                       Texte                                                                                                  

testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute/name                                                   testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute/value

In this RQM template, in the test cases, there are custom attributes (from data source _TestCase: Test Case/custom attributes/custom attribute) ; one of which gives a "Test sheet number" (name=Number of sheet of test, value=1,2,3,…).

I want to export the word test plan with case test tables arranged in ascending order of test sheet numbers. The difficulty is that the conditions and the JS code must be above the Test Case level. But at this level, I don't have direct access to the custom attributes, and I can't force this sorting.

Do you have the solution please? (JS code with an array of test case URLs, retrieving the value of this specific custom attribute and ranking)

Thank you in advance for your help

2 answers

permanent link
Marie-Emilie Bion (357) | answered Jan 25 '22, 2:54 a.m.
Hello,
I am not sure that your answer really helps in this case : I imagine that my question is not well worded. So I'll try to clarify things:
My main concern is to put Word test sheets, in ascending order according to a "sheet number". The "Sheet number" is a Testcase custom attribute, the test Sheet is a "testcase" RPE template in a Testplan.
I redo below the plan of my RPE diagram (since I cannot load screen printing): 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test plan template extract

Conteneur – test case _RQM TestCase Feed $1 feed/entry/content/testcase

Data source configuration _TCase

Referred template <_TestCase.dta>

Table

Line _Tcase §105 testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute

Cell                                                             Cell      

Text                                                              Text

testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute/name      testcase/custom attributes/custom attribute/value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Testcase Sheet starts with the referred RPE template "_Tcase.dta", the table is the test sheet=testcase : the purpose is to order the tables.
I guess this will ask for a Java script code, before the table (in a container that wraps the table?). However, before the test sheet, I do not refer to custom attributes. So it will probably have to define a variable above and I don't know JS well. Could you help me by giving me a piece of code and especially where to place it, and with what RPE settings (RPE variables to use, ...)?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 24 '22, 12:21 p.m.
You should be able to elevate custom attributes so as to have direct access (by adding special attribute in the schema).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.