It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unresolved items on a newly created sanbox

deepthi john (11) | asked Jan 20 '22, 11:22 a.m.
edited Jan 21 '22, 7:26 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

This is regarding getting source code from Eclipse RTC. After creating a new workspace and code loading into the sandbox , I am getting unresolved items as well as project out of sync also, even though the code was newly loaded to sand box.

The main difference between sandbox file and workspace file is in property of the files.

5 answers

permanent link
deepthi john (11) | answered Jan 21 '22, 10:32 a.m.

File>Preferences>General>Workspace encode is UTF-8  in my eclipse client .

I am using virtual box (VMware fusion) on which this eclipse client is running , gust OS is cent OS.
Following is the version details of RTC Client

Rational Team Concert

Version: 6.0.2

Build id: RTC-CLIENT-I20160323-2215

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 21 '22, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 21 '22, 7:22 a.m.

If you load a repository workspace to disc, you should not get pending changes to check in. 

You would only get that, if the client changes the file while loading. David has already provided some causes for this behavior.

It should be easy enough to look at the changes and provide a qualified information what the changes are that you see. 

The Eclipse client has configuration mechanisms that you can use. Under File>Preferences>General>Workspace, you can control the default encoding as well as the text file line delimiter (Windows or other that often cause issues. 

If you have stuff like auto formatter or something like that you could see these issues as well. So make sure you understand what the server SCM contains and set your workspace to a reasonable default before loading. 

If you need more information provide some actionable information about what the changes are you see (file type, individual changes).

Also to provide OS and Versions of server and client would be a good idea and actually are mandatory.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 21 '22, 7:25 a.m.

And when I am at it, reasonable tagging is mandatory as well. Questions more likely than not are not related to jazz.net and we require a product tag, which is a choice as easy as it could be.  

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 21 '22, 2:36 a.m.

Another thing that can happen is where the Eclipse .project file is source controlled, but you're using a different version of Eclipse from the person that delivered the most recent .project file. In those cases, Eclipse can detect that and then "upgrade" the .project file. If that was the case, you typically just see a pending change for that file.

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 21 '22, 2:34 a.m.

You mentioned Eclipse shows differences in the properties. What are those differences? Which properties?

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 20 '22, 2:57 p.m.
edited Jan 20 '22, 2:57 p.m.

Check the file encoding you're using as your Eclipse preferences. Eclipse tends to use a defailt of CP1252, but often what you really want is UTF-8. To avoid this happening accidentally, I edited eclipse.ini so that under -vmargs I include -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 .

Comments
deepthi john commented Jan 21 '22, 12:56 a.m. | edited Jan 21 '22, 7:11 a.m.

Thank you David

I updated eclipse.ini  , added  -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  . in eclipse.ini . 
Created a new workspace and still the issue exist . I can see unresolved folder in my newly created sandbox.

Please help to resolve the same

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.