It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RPE manage word tags ?

Marie-Emilie Bion (357) | asked Jan 18 '22, 10:02 a.m.
edited Jan 18 '22, 10:25 a.m.
I need to get the date on the first page of my RPE export. The template used has got some fixed tags. I have a script in the RPE template to get the date with the format dd/MM/YYY and that's all. In the end, in the result document, the date is still to be defined by hand (in a dynamic calendar). Is there a way to get this information automatically after the RPE export ?
Does RPE manage tags in Word ? and how ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 18 '22, 12:25 p.m.
edited Jan 18 '22, 10:28 p.m.

The simple way to achieve this in RPE is using a "Document Property" element (anywhere) in RPE template. Set the following properties for Document Property element:

Specific->Name: Tags
Specific->Append: true
Content: action plan; ftest1
This will add the tags "action plan" and "ftest1" to the document (Word output). You can separate multiple tags by semicolons.
You can set "Content" property using Data Expression / Script Expression to include template variables.
If you set Append=true, it will be appended to Tags (if already added in stylesheet).

Marie-Emilie Bion selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Marie-Emilie Bion commented Jan 21 '22, 3:02 a.m.

a priori, it is already what I did. But, I must probably review this part: an error must persist. Thank you for this very clear answer.

One other answer

permanent link
Chris Hardy (3315) | answered Jan 20 '22, 10:34 p.m.
Also see the following post:

Comments
Marie-Emilie Bion commented Jan 21 '22, 3:03 a.m.

indeed, this post and the associated answers correspond to the subject: thank you for this information

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.