It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New link type doesn't show directional labels anymore. Is there a way to get them back?

Michael Meinschaefer (485) | asked Jan 12 '22, 4:00 a.m.
edited Jan 13 '22, 10:02 a.m.
Hello everyone,

this is only a minor thing, but i can't explain why it happened and i would really like to know.

I created a new custom link type and it shows directional labels (red arrow / yellow arrow) in my component properties. But when i use this link type as a column inside a module, there are now directional labels visible - only the name of the link attribute.

Picture of the link type directions in component properties:

Picture of the link type used as columns inside a module:
Do you know why the red and yellow arrow dissappeared and is there a way to get them back? Other custom link types still have directional labels, although this is the first link type i created within a requirement management configuration and i also added a URI to the link type for cross component links via global config (if this has anything to do with it).

Thanks in advance,
Michael

EDIT: It looks like there was a problem with the link type URI - changing the URI solved the problem and the directional labels are visible again.

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Jan 13 '22, 8:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

using such similar labels part of and part Of is possibly causing a problem - and anyway to minimise human error/confusion they would be better named to more clearly reflect the relationship, e.g. part of and contains.  Have you tried making the directional labels different like this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Meinschaefer (485) | answered Jan 13 '22, 10:09 a.m.

I started with identical labels (both "part Of") and switched to changing one to "part of" to see if this solves my problem at a later stage - unsuccessfully.

I fixed it now by changing the link type URI - the old one was faulty it seems and now it's working again with visible directional labels, but i do agree with your remark that my link type naming can easily cause human error and i shall relabel one of them accordingly.

Thank you.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Sreenath v (111) | answered Jan 12 '22, 5:31 a.m.

Is the same behaviour appear for other links or only for custom links?

Comments
Michael Meinschaefer commented Jan 12 '22, 7:01 a.m.

It is just this link type.

Other default link types and other custom link types are not affected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.