It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to publish requirements linked with a test case or a test step

Marie-Emilie Bion (358) | asked Jan 11 '22, 10:10 a.m.
Hello,
I want to publish the list of requirements linked to each test case (and each testStep). The RQM schema appears to offer testcase/requirementbut I connot succed in creating the good data source configuration.
Test Case Feed data source configuration already exists : shall I create a RQM QM data source configuration ? If not, how to get the content of the requirement sub section data ?
What could a generic caneva look like for this ?
Can anyone give me some light on this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '22, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

caneva is a type of fish. What is this question about? 

To report on linked objects you would use the default data sources in report builder and you would use the standard mechanisms in report builder to select links.

Marie-Emilie Bion commented Jan 12 '22, 5:32 a.m.
Hello, first of all, sorry for the caneva : is "RPE canvas" better ? (or RPE document specification schema ?).
Your answer sugest a systematic use of Report Builder. Is there a "RPE only" way to define the data source configuration in the specification schema  ?

These informations have to be included in a table, already including several data source configurations (Feed Type and RQM QM types) nested in each other (TestPlan_Feed<-Test Plan<-Test Case_Feed<-Test Case.....) : my purpose is to get the requirement IN the Test Case container : is this possible ?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '22, 7:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not an RPE user. Can't help here. 

Marie-Emilie Bion commented Jan 12 '22, 8:06 a.m.
You already helped alot, by giving new leads to follow. Now, I just have to test.
Thanks a lot

One answer

permanent link
Sreenath v (111) | answered Jan 12 '22, 4:09 a.m.

From Testcase to requirement if you want to get requirement sub data such as title descriptions etc then you have to use resources datasource.

RQM QM : Testcase>req then use href for dng resource dynamic configuration. So from dng dynamic datasource you will get req subdata.

Comments
Marie-Emilie Bion commented Jan 12 '22, 8:16 a.m. | edited Jan 12 '22, 8:18 a.m.
Just to be sure I understand :1/ "Under" the RQM QM TestCase data source, opening of a container (example) at TestCase->req level. 2/ creation of a DNG data source, with a dynamic configuration "URI" = href. Is that correct. If not, would you have by chance, a typical RPE user schema to show here ?

Thank you for helping

Sreenath v commented Jan 13 '22, 12:30 a.m.

you have to use dng datasource-resources and the href.replace("/resources/","/publish/resource/resourceURI=") use this in script expression of dng datasource

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.