It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Design Manager and OSLC Config Context with GC

Thomas Noack (60212) | asked Dec 16 '21, 5:53 p.m.
edited Dec 20 '21, 6:42 a.m.

Hi,

when accessing DM via local config, query is working. The same query with global config (which exists and is set up correctly) does not work.

There is something wrong on our side or is it simple not working with GC?

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 17 '21, 2:53 a.m.

What if you use local configuration context instead of GC context? Probably this is an issue with the DM API when GC context is used.

Thomas Noack commented Dec 20 '21, 6:40 a.m.

Hi. Local config just works as expected. Only GC seems to be a problem.

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 05 '22, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I suggest you submit a defect against DM. The oslc_config.context header, as defined by the OSLC Configuration Management specification, is required to support local configurations and global configurations. If it's not working with DM, that sounds like a defect to me.

permanent link
Portillo William (111) | answered Dec 22 '21, 1:16 a.m.
edited Dec 24 '21, 5:58 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Design Manager project areas use concepts such as streams and baselines (both known as configurations to allow the development of models to branch, with different versions of the same model element known generically as an artifact existing within different streams of the same project area. This is referred to by the Jazz applications as Configuration Management.

Comments
Thomas Noack commented Dec 22 '21, 1:14 p.m.

Hi William,

firstly, thanks for the answer. But as an old Jazz professional, I know all this already :)

My question is:
"Why is the reportable REST API of DM not delivering results when sending requests with GC oslc_config.context - while LC requests work".

Best regards
-- Thomas 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.