It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

EWM - using repotools with jetty server?

Steven Hovater (10920) | asked Nov 30 '21, 8:34 a.m.

hi all

I'd like to import scm data (exported) using repotools-ccm into my jetty instance. 

Ideas?

thanks,
Steve

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 30 '21, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 30 '21, 9:50 a.m.

If I would want to do this, I would use the existing repotools-ccm of a compatible server (e.g. shipped with the development server running on 9443 with the extensions workshop.)  

If it would work against the Jetty on 7443, I'd be happy. If not, I would at least have tried. Note that there could be problems e.g. due to performance issues on the derby DB as well.

permanent link
Steven Hovater (10920) | answered Dec 01 '21, 12:57 p.m.

Hey Ralph

Coulda, woulda.. I'm trying to do an scmimport to reuse a test case created elsewhere. Problem is that the jetty impl uses derby, and scm import isn't supported with a derby db. Sigh..

thanks -
Steve

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 01 '21, 2:12 p.m.

Does it work or does it error out? 

Steven Hovater commented Dec 01 '21, 2:28 p.m.

errors out - but I've seen that before while trying it with Derby databases in a not-jetty situation.

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/ccm/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1778I This server is configured as an application.
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB"
CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLCODE: 40000). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 02 '21, 6:58 a.m. | edited Dec 02 '21, 7:51 a.m.

I do not know what the repotools do. The teamserver.properties for the Jetty Server is more in the launch configuration. You can see the paths to derby etc. there. It might be necessary to provide the repotools a teamserver.properties file that has content that works. You can try to get the properties from the server administration page.

Please note that the context root in the extensions workshop debug server is jazz and not ccm, so you might even have to do something about that, e.g. create a repotools-jazz or something. 

The context root you would work against is https://localhost:7443/jazz

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.