It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring team areas at Component level in RTC

Chandan M B (1133774) | asked Nov 28 '21, 8:43 a.m.
edited Nov 29 '21, 12:54 a.m.
Hello,

Note : User is not added to the project area and no roles has been assigned. But user has developer role and full permission in team area level.
I have scenario where TeamA members should checkin and deliver to componentA and TeamB members should checkin and deliver to ComponentB. while teamA members should not be allowed to deliver to component B and TeamB members should not be allowed to component A.  I have tried the below scenario 

Stream should have visibility and owned by set to project area level.
Component A  visibility set to project area level and owned by to TeamA
Component B  visibility set to project area level and owned by to TeamB

But after configuring as above, it is not allowing teamA members for component A to deliver. It shows error while deliver  

"Problem

You don't have permission to Deliver [server].

Reason

In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:

Action: ID:

Deliver change sets modify/stream/deliver/changesets"

I have assigned  teammember's role to the team area members with all the SCM rights.  I am using CLM 7.0.2 and RTC eclipse client 7.0.2

if somebody can guide me with proper setting that would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 29 '21, 9:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware, when you modify anything in the Web UI, you can

1. Only edit on Streams
  2. Do a save and not a deliver operation.
From that perspective, I think it works as designed. I am not aware if you can prevent editing in the Web UI.
You could create an enhancement request.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 29 '21, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please carefully study: 

to understand how roles and permissions work. Most important is, that the permissions and behavior is first controlled by the process area that owns the item. 

Please use the library and the available TAGs to find valuable articlese.g. https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&tag=SCM for source control 

Comments
Chandan M B commented Nov 29 '21, 2:52 a.m. | edited Nov 29 '21, 2:58 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.
Key thing here is - Precondition works in Eclipse Client (Probably because of trigger in Deliver Server participant) and if i add/edit existing text files this precondition is not restricting users in delivering the changes to the component  in web client

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.