It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking between Story in RTC and whole module in DNG

Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | asked Nov 23 '21, 10:44 a.m.

Hello All,

I know linking between requirements in DNG module and RTC story is possible but instead of linking the requirements. Is there a way to link the whole module.

Regards,
Shriraam 

One answer

permanent link
Robyn Riley (152) | answered Nov 23 '21, 10:54 a.m.

Hi, Modules and Collections can be linked to Dev Plans only in my experience. Each individual requirement within a module or collection can be linked to stories but the Module artifact and Collection artifact can only link to dev plans in RTC and test plans in QM.

Comments
Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Nov 23 '21, 11:05 a.m.

Hi Riley,

Thanks for your prompt level.

I know this but don't you think it shall be possible also on RTC story level? 
I dont understand the rationale to link with individual requirement as we link to whole module reqs.

It is also worn to link to Base level artifacts in folder level.

Best regards

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 24 '21, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree that it is logical to want to link a story to a module ... it just isn't supported in the current release, so you would need to submit an enhancement request to get this functionality added.

Note: I didn't understand your comment "It is also worn to link to Base level artifacts in folder level".

Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Nov 25 '21, 9:59 a.m.

Hello Geoff,

I meant it is not ideal to link to base level artifacts as we link to module level artifacts.
We dont like to link 1000 DNG module requirements in RTC story.

Best regards,
Shriraam 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 25 '21, 10:16 a.m. | edited Nov 25 '21, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To be clear, you can link a story to either a base artifact or to an artifact in a module.   What you cannot do currently is create a bi-directional link between a story to an entire module.  You can create a one-way hyper-link, by storing the URL of the entire module in some text field in the story, or use the Related Artifacts property (which allows you to specify any URL).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.