It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scope components settings in Stream is not inherited to Workspace in RTC

Deepa M S (71) | asked Nov 17 '21, 7:02 a.m.

In stream Flow target -> Scope Components settings, I select only few components.

But when I create a workspace, this settings is not inherited from Stream. Any changes made in workspace to components which are not selected in stream, is reflected in Stream.

Ex: Test_Stream  has Comp1 and Comp2. Scope components I select only Comp1.

When I create a workspace on Stream A, in Scope components "Flow all components" is selected. Any changes made to Comp2 in my workspace is reflected in Test_Stream. 

Is it possible to restrict making any changes to component at Stream level. 
Please do let me know for any additional details required.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '21, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have no idea what you are asking. What you do, what you want to achieve and why. 

Deepa M S commented Nov 17 '21, 12:12 p.m.

I have a stream called Test_Stream which has 2 components Comp1 and Comp2. Comp2 is from another stream. 

In Stream, Flow Target -> Scope Components -> I select only Comp1.
By doing this, I make Comp2 as read only in Test_Stream.

When I create a workspace, in Flow Target -> Scope components, "Flow All Components" is selected by default. So I can make changes to Comp2 which will flow to Test_Stream. 
 what am I trying to achieve is that, I want to restrict all users making changes to a component which belongs to other stream. This restriction should be made at Stream level, so that any user creates a workspace on the stream, will not be allowed to make changes to components of other stream.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 17 '21, 12:22 p.m.

As of 7.0.2, there is no way of declaring scoping statements that apply to all workspaces that have that stream as a flow target.   It should have been reasonably clear from the GUI that when you scope the flow, you are scoping the flow to a particular flow target, and not to all future flow targets.  You would need to submit an enhancement request to get the functionality you are looking for.   What you can do today is set permissions on the component in the stream, so that only the right people are allowed to deliver changes to that component in that stream.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 17 '21, 12:16 p.m.

You scope a flow in the Flow Targets section of some "source configuration", which is either a stream or a workspace.

Each line in the Flow Targets section is a "target configuration" (again, either a stream or a workspace).
When you scope a Flow Target, you are scoping the flow just from that source configuration to that target configuration.
You are not configuring all flows from that source configuration (which is why there is a separate line for each target configuration).
So if you create some new workspace, and want to flow changes from the stream with that workspace, you would need to add a new target to the Flow Targets of that stream, and you would configure the flow from that stream with that new workspace in that target line entry for that new workspace.
Alternatively, if you want to flow changes from that new workspace with that stream, you would need to add that stream as a new target in the Flow Targets of the new workspace, and you would scope the flow from the new workspace with the stream in the target line entry for that stream.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 17 '21, 7:55 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.