It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using cURL to directly "Download file for viewing"

Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | asked Nov 09 '21, 3:40 a.m.

Hi all,

I would like to use cURL to directly download files from DOORS NG.
When I have an Artifact stored as file (e.g. docs, txt, etc ...) I would like to download it via cURL, without accessing to the DNG Dashboard and using authentication in the cURL command line: how can I do it?
Please can you post here some examples of cURL command line?

Many thanks
Alberto

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Nov 09 '21, 5:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You will still need to perform authentication. You can use basic form based authentication as described in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/81935/using-curl-command-line-to-monitor-performance.

Comments
Alberto Teodoro commented Nov 09 '21, 9:22 a.m.

Hi David,

thank you.

Then, after I'll be authenticated, which API for GETting the recource I have to use?
Can you put here an example in a cURL command line?

Many many thanks.
Alberto

David Honey commented Nov 09 '21, 9:46 a.m. | edited Nov 09 '21, 9:47 a.m.

Just a GET on the resource URI with appropriate Accept header, and Oslc-Core-Version: 2.0 header. DN has a copy link action to determine the URI of a requirement shown in the UI. Or you can get the URI through an OSLC query or referenced by some other known resource.

Ian Barnard commented Nov 16 '21, 4:28 a.m. | edited Nov 16 '21, 4:31 a.m.
If the project is configuration-managed you'll have to include the configuration URL using either header Configuration-Context or URL query oslc_config.context - making sure to correctly encode the query value.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 16 '21, 5:25 a.m.

You guys sure that artifact download is part of the supported OSLC API? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.