It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG: Global Configuration On: OSLC Linking Issues

Joydeep Datta (111) | asked Oct 15 '21, 10:06 a.m.

Ability to link Change Requests / Approval from RDNG to external data source Items like Jira through OSLC.

When GCM is Off the OSLC links to RDNG are working; However when GCM is ON the Oslc links vanishes after sometime. 
I understand that when linking between DNG, OSLC links for project areas that support global configurations are stored in the link index component (LDX) and consumed by DNG.
Can anyone help me with an sample implementation or point us to any links where it has een mentioned how to achive the same. We need an implementation that will work with GCM ON and OFF.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 15 '21, 11:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When GCM is turned on, the back links (from a versioned artifact to a work item) are filtered so that only the back links that are "relevant" to your currently selected Global Configuration are displayed.   In releases before 7.0.2, that filtering is defined by your OSLC Mapping of your RTC project and the properties of your Release objects (defined in your RTC project area).   In 7.0.2, that filtering is defined by the Release links of your Global Configuration objects.

I expect that you do not have this filtering set up properly, so your back links you want to see are being filtered out.

Comments
Joydeep Datta commented Oct 16 '21, 11:04 a.m.

Geoffery:

We are building an OSLC Provider for RDNG and that should work for GCM and NON GCM.
Can you share some links where we can get step by step guides for GCM enbaled Projects what to be done in terms Of provider and the configuration.

Since we are building the provider any link for code base to support GCM enabled will much apperciated. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.