It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change sets and stream updates in DNG

Miroslav Zaninovic (36723) | asked Oct 08 '21, 2:47 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '21, 2:57 a.m.
Dear

We are discussing the following feature, and there is no clear conclusion is it a bug or expected behaviour.

If I create a change set 1, and another user creates change set 2. User did different changes than me. If a user delivers change set 2 in the stream, I can see his changes in my chenage set 1 view before I deliver my change set 1, and change the view to stream.
Is it expected behaviour?

Next question is - is change set an isolated environment or do we isolate just artefacts we are editing?
Because we use Personal Stream for change sets in GC concepts, logic should be that we use change sets as an isolated environment, right?

Thank You!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 08 '21, 1:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree with Ian's answers, but I might use slightly different terminology.

In particular, on part 1, I would say that you see the changes others have delivered, except for changes to artifacts that you have changed in your change set.   You only become aware of those conflicting changes when you do a compare or deliver.
On part 2, I would say that all other users are isolated from the changes you are making in your change set until you deliver them, but you are only isolated from changes to artifacts others have delivered if you have made changes to those artifacts in your change set.

Miroslav Zaninovic selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Oct 08 '21, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 08 '21, 5:25 a.m.
> I can see his delivered changes (set 2) in my change set 1 view before I deliver my change

Yes this is expected behaviour.

> is change set an isolated environment or do we isolate just artefacts we are editing?

This is really the same question as the first one, with the same answer: a change set is not an isolated environment, in your change set you see a composite of the stream the change set was created in (which of course includes delivered change sets including those delivered after your change set was created) selectively overriden by the changes made in the change set.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.