It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting the component details on stream level DNG

Minakshi Verma (153) | asked Oct 07 '21, 8:05 a.m.

Hi team,

Is there any API to get the component and it's artifacts details on stream level in DNG.
If yes, please provide me that.
Thanks in advance.

I'll be looking forward for help. 
Minakshi Verma

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 08 '21, 2:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume by "stream" and "component", you mean a DNG local stream and a DNG local component ... is that right?
If so, I assume by "get its artifact details", you mean "get all the properties of all the artifacts in that DNG local stream" ... is that right?
By "get the component", do you mean "get the ID, title, and other properties of the component of the stream"?

Minakshi Verma commented Oct 11 '21, 5:03 a.m.

Hi @Geoffrey,

Yes you are right. So is there any api for that. If yes, please let me know.

Thanks,
Minakshi 

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Oct 07 '21, 7:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Minakshi,

If you're using global configs you may find what you need in the GCM REST API. There's also an experimental GCM Extension API that might be helpful as well. The example on that page uses OpenSocial gadgets. 

Comments
Minakshi Verma commented Oct 08 '21, 3:17 a.m.

Hi @Jim Ruehlin

Thanks a lot for your answer. But i think you are not getting my actual question. I want an api which will give the component data and it's artifacts data which is under component. I hope you are getting my point.

Thanks a lot,
Minakshi Verma 

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Oct 11 '21, 6:45 a.m.

If you know the URI of the DN component, a GET with appropriate Accept header will get you the details of the component.

Discovering all the version resources owned by that component will require some form of query. I'll let someone from the DN dev team answer more definitively. But you could try an OSLC query for requirements specifying an oslc.where expression that includes oslc_config:component=<componentUri> .

See OSLC 3.0 Core: Discovery for details how to discover services etc.

See OSLC 3.0 Query for details about OSLC Query.

Best regards,
David

Comments
Minakshi Verma commented Oct 11 '21, 9:55 a.m.

Hi @David,

Thanks, I'll try.

Thanks,
Minakshi 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 11 '21, 10:13 a.m.

In addition to David's response, this is the best resource to find the available APIs: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

I have used several of the APIs for components and configurations in the application attached to https://jazz.net/library/article/92596 - see the GIT Repo. The OSLC/REST calls are implemented using Eclipse Lyo. It is a bit complex, but you should be able to debug the flow to better understand the entry points.  

Minakshi Verma commented Oct 11 '21, 3:53 p.m.

Hi @Ralph,

Thanks for adding your points. Sure i will try that way too.

Thanks & regards,
Minakshi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.