It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Version" option under Sections in RQM Test case is not clickable

Deepa Kallayyanamath (11) | asked Oct 01 '21, 6:17 a.m.
The "version" option in Test Case-> Sections shows number of times the test case was edited and saved.
On hovering on each version number it displays the author name who modified it and timestamp details.
However, on clicking the version number nothing happens.
Is it possible to view the respective Test case on clicking a version?

Also same Version option is visible under Test Plan,on clicking a version is it possible to get the Test plan of that version along with the test cases state in it?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 01 '21, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, it is rather strange that you cannot just "view" the version.   What you can do is "compare" that version with another version, and that "compare" window effectively let's you see the content of that version (just ignore the comparison annotations).

In order to navigate links to other artifacts, you have to say which configuration you want to do that navigation in.   This means setting your Configuration Context to be the appropriate configuration.   The configurations that contain a particular version are listed next to that version in the version graph display.

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented Oct 01 '21, 2:16 p.m.
Little background here:
We are currently working on Review concept for RQM artifacts.
here we would not like to use Baseline feature , as our component includes (all disciplines SW,System and HW) and doing so in stages like "Ready for review" "review closed" will create baselines for all artifacts and will cause confusion.

we are excercising other options to provide in review tool like
workproduct, version and link (navigating to right version with context)

here we looked at "Version" section of RQM automatically done by system for each save.

Unfortunately, i cannot Copy of link for example version 3 Inoder to provide review products.

in addtion this review compare not possible unless i create a baseline which is again one more drawback.

Do you have some suggestion how i can provide workproduct , version (without using baseline feature)

thank you

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 04 '21, 10:46 a.m.

Links are to the artifact "concept id", not to the "version id".   In order to resolve a link, you have to have a configuration (baseline or stream). 

vinitha dsouza commented Oct 06 '21, 4:31 a.m.
okay.
 what other options available for us to provide immutable version link part of review
 Review product, Version , link to artifact with context
Options currently in RQM:
Versions (not clickable or cannot take link out of it) as said it is concept id , cannot use
baseline approach (no go for us here).

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 06 '21, 12:46 p.m.

No good option other than creating a baseline that I'm aware of.  

Perhaps you could expand on why creating these extra baselines is a problem.  
In particular, you don't need to create those baselines in all the components in your GC ... just the local baselines in the RQM components that contain artifacts being reviewed.
You can put some standard prefix on those baselines (e.g. "REVIEW_", to make it clear that these baselines are just for review purposes.

vinitha dsouza commented Oct 06 '21, 1:49 p.m.
as per our concept, we have consider one componet for all discplines (i.e SW, System, HW).
in this case, creating baseline even with naming convention which is then shown across all artifacts is quite confusing or history rather become not usable in artifact.
Even spliting the component to SW , HW and System looks also not a good option

In DNG, atleast we have changeset (Clickable, link availble) but in RQM version looks more or less history to me , just viewing purpose and comparision is only provided unless if create baseline.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 06 '21, 2:41 p.m.

Yes, you are correct that in RQM, since you cannot have RQM/RQM links that cross component boundaries, your ability to recomponentize is limited ... but if you do have one set of RQM artifacts that have no links to a different set of RQM artifacts, I would encourage you to assign each set to their own component (for baselining and other reasons).    So you do now have a choice to make ... does the downside of creating extra baselines outweigh the benefits of doing the kinds of reviews you want to do.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.