It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Work Items Disappear from Plan or Kanban Views

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Sep 22 '21, 12:20 p.m.

I have created custom work items from the simple process template with custom workflows and custom editor presentations.  However, when I try to great the work items from a plan view or from Kanban board they disappear immediately and I have to go find them in the work items.  Is there something I am missing in the configuration to allow the work items to be visible and created from plan views?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 30 '21, 3:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 30 '21, 3:21 a.m.

The question leaves a lot to be desired.

In general, plans are queries on work items. The plan only shows the items in its scope. The scope is defined by the owner (project or team area controlled by categories) and the iteration (und its sub iterations).

To stay on a plan, work items need to have the target ("Planned for") attribute and that needs to be set to the iterations in scope. It requires a filed against attribute and the category chosen needs to be in the plan scope. 

This should all happen automatically, but it is possible that the custom work item type do not have the required attributes. Impossible to tell from the data. I do not know a simple process template and I don't know what you customized. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.