It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create lifecycle project through RTC java API 7.0.1

Arati Kulkarni (132) | asked Sep 19 '21, 1:49 a.m.

Hello,

I am trying to create a lifecycle project using its template. Template is available but it does not have id parameter  like for others(qm, tm, rm etc)
But to create a project process id of template is needed.
My code snippet is as belows:
IProcessItemService service = (IProcessItemService) teamRepository
.getClientLibrary(IProcessItemService.class);
IProcessDefinition[] definitions;
// Find the process definition
IProcessDefinition processDefinition = service
.findProcessDefinition(processID, null, monitor);
But as on the server process id is not available only for lifecycle project I cannot create lifecycle project.

I am using, Jazz server 7.0.1, RTC cient plain java apis 7.0.1, IntelliJ Idea 2018 Maven project.
Please help me regarding this and let me know if more information is required.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 20 '21, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please note that the lifecycle project is not an RTC feature. It is, a feature of the JTS. The RTC API allows to create RTC Project areas, and, as I believe also project areas for DNG and Test management. The RTC Java API for this is demonstrated in the snippets that come with the Plain Java Client Libraries. 

The lifecycle project only adds the glue between these project areas. I am not sure if there is a Java API for it. In any case, you would probably write code the add the various projects and create the provider/consumer relationships. This is after all what the Lifecycle Project actually controls.

Comments
Arati Kulkarni commented Sep 20 '21, 5:36 a.m.

Thank you for your quick reply.

But our requirement is to create projects areas in CCM, Test Management, Requirement management, Global Configuration and Engineering insights and as you said I am able to create project areas as well using Java API.
But if lifecycle project creation is not possible with Java API please let me know how to connect these project areas or create provider/consumer relationship between them.

Thanks in advance,
Arati

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 20 '21, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Disclaimer: I am not aware of a Java API for lifecycle projects, there might be one, I do not know. I do not think I have ever heard about such an API. 

Note that the API in the RTC SDK/Plain Java is for RTC only. It might work at this level with the other applications because they share a Jazz foundation core, but there is no documentation or support for this. 

Having said that, you could look if the provider/consumer can be accessed with the API you use. If so, it might be possible to add it there. Another way might be to manually create a lifecycle project and adding the existing project areas. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.