It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Testcase to Requirement via RqmOslcQmV2 API not working

Samir Schürmann (111) | asked Sep 13 '21, 10:31 a.m.
Hello,
I am trying to link a testcase to Requirement via the RqmOslcQmV2 REST API.

To test the POST/ PUT Request, I linked the Testcase to the Requirement manually in the Browser over the ALM GUI.
After that I downloaded the XML file over the RQMOSLCQmV2 Rest API with a GET Request. This worked perfectly.
The URL I used was: 

The Header for the POST/ PUT Request is:
Content-Type:application/rdf+xml

Configuration-Context:<server>:<port>/qm/oslc_config/resources/com.ibm.team.vvc.Configuration/<ProjectArea>

OSLC-CORE-Version: 2.0

In the XML file are all information about the testcase and the requirement as it should be. However, when I try to upload this XML file (copy the XML data in the body field) via a POST or PUT Request without any changes to the file and the same URL used in the GET Request, it doesn't work. Instead I get the following Responses.

Your account does not belong to the groups required for the requested resource.

Status Code 403

I checked the permissions and they were correctly set. I was also able to link the requirement to the testcase in the Browser without any problems.I have an Administrator role and all the required permissions

PUT
with resourceType for example testcase.

PUT:
A client error occurred while running the HTTP operation, PUT, at this URL: ....
Status Code 400

The ALM version is 6.0.6.1 ifix 018.

Does someone see a mistake in this workflow or has any tips on how to correctly link a testcase with requirements?

Thanks in advance,
Samir Schürmann

2 answers

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Sep 17 '21, 3:30 a.m.

Hi, 

The correct way to update Test Case via OSLC is to use PUT with Concept URL of the QM Resource. 
This URL can be found at oslc_qm:TestCase property from GET response. 
   <oslc_qm:TestCase rdf:about=<concept url>>

Alternatively, this URL can be formed by finding dcterms:identifier from the GET response and using it to form URL as follows : 
<server>:port>/qm/oslc_qm/contexts/<ProjectArea>/resources/com.ibm.rqm.planning.VersionedTestCase/<dcterms:identifier ID>

permanent link
Swathi sheshadri (135) | answered Sep 16 '21, 3:42 a.m.

Hello Samir, even i am facing similar issue with oslc api. For Gc i'm able to create link from Test case to RM but backlink is not visible

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.