It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrations between git and global configurations

Rakesh A (33431) | asked Sep 13 '21, 5:18 a.m.
Hello,
   I am currently using IBM 6.0.6.1 and soon moving to IBM ELM 7.X. Currently in 6.0.6.1 as I know  it's not possible to link Git / GitHub source code into a Global Configuration. And similarly its not possible to link IBM ELM artifacts in Git / GitHub.

Are there any such features being supported in IBM ELM 7.X on-wards or it's already in IBM roadmap to support this use-cases ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 13 '21, 1:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rakesh you could check with Persistent. They have a Unite adapter that works with some git variants.

Rakesh A selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Green Michel (71) | answered Sep 17 '21, 1:09 a.m.
edited Sep 19 '21, 11:38 p.m.

A git repository is simply a directory containing a special  .git  directory.

This is different from "centralised" version-control systems (like subversion), where a "repository" is hosted on a remote server, which you  facetime for pc

checkout  into a "working copy" directory. With git, your working copy is the repository.

Simply run  git init  in the directory which contains the files you wish to track.

For example,

cd ~/code/project001/
git init

This creates a  .git  (hidden) folder in the current directory.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 17 '21, 2:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you tell me what this contributes to  this question? 

I can. Nothing.   

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 14 '21, 11:36 p.m.
edited Sep 14 '21, 11:36 p.m.

This functionality is not supported in any of the 7.x releases that have been released, and is not in plan for 7.0.3, the next ELM release.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 13 '21, 10:03 a.m.
You can find the New & Noteworthy tab on the download page for every version. Open https://jazz.net/downloads/elm/
Select the download for the version you are interested and click the New & Noteworthy tab.

E.g. https://jazz.net/downloads/elm/releases/7.0.2?p=news Then select the solution component e.g. Global Configuration Management and browse the information.

That is the easiest way of finding out what is going on.

Note, that the general policy is that one can not talk about futures, planned features etc. Roadmaps can also not be discussed here, as they are usually confidential.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.