It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG ReqIF does not support locks?

Max K (153) | asked Sep 11 '21, 6:27 a.m.
edited Sep 11 '21, 6:33 a.m.

After some reading and playing around with DNG it seems its ReqIF implementation does not support any locks?

It looks you should be able to lock attributes by putting them on the following list in your ReqIF definition: 

"DOORS9 settings : 2 attributes restricted..."

However after exporting, these attributes are still editable.

Also when importing, in the advanced options you can chose which actions to allow in the target project:

Advanced Options:
  Allow artifact creation
  Allow artifact move (within modules)
  Allow modification of existing artifact types
  Allow modification of existing attribute definitions
  Allow modification of existing data types

However if I un-select these options, I am still able for example to move objects around in the imported module.

All other lock scenarios available in DOORS 9 do not seem to be supported .... Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Sep 11 '21, 7:22 p.m.
edited Sep 11 '21, 7:22 p.m.
The DOORS 9 locks work fine for me - not sure what's happening there for you. I have ended up with locks on attributes when exporting ReqIF that creates a new module, and also when reimporting the same ReqIF package back into DOORS.

The Advanced options are only for DNG to DNG as far as I know. There's no such thing as artifact types in DOORS "Classic" so that wouldn't make sense in that context, and I don't believe you can modify attribute definitions and data types in DOORS once created.

You can definitely add new enumerations via ReqIF into DOORS, and that does work - I've never tried to disable it so I'm not 100% sure if these checkboxes work to stop you from adding enumerations, but the DOORS merge will fail if you don't have matching enumerations
Max K selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Max K (153) | answered Sep 13 '21, 6:07 a.m.

Thanks Davyd, it was a misunderstanding on my part. I actually tried DNG to DNG, and because the section "DOORS9 settings : 2 attributes restricted..." was the only place where I could specify any locks, I had assumed these locks would work in DNG too :) .... apparently this is literally for DOORS9 only.

Good to know that locks work when such attributes are exported from DNG to DOORS9. However this seems to be the only scenario where locks are used when exporting a ReqIF file from DNG.

BTW, do locks work when exporting ReqIF from DOORS9 to DNG? I just don't have access to a DOORS environment at the moment to try it myself. 

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.