It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set Resolution Date to modifiable, but only 1 role can change it!

Glyn Costello (13838) | asked Sep 08 '21, 4:27 a.m.
edited Sep 08 '21, 4:41 a.m.

Hi, 

I have changed the default configuration so that "Resolution Date" is NOT read-only. 

However, we have noticed that only 1 role definition is able to edit it, and this is causing problems with closing tasks... i.e. no-one can close a task unless they have this one role. 

I have gone into the "Team Configuration" in RTC client to check the Permissions, but "Resolution Date" does not show in the list of attributes to be able to modify the roles that can edit it. 

At the moment, I'm having to give everyone this "Leader" role in order to allow them to close tasks. 

We're on 6.0.6.1 iFix 13

Please help?

2 answers

permanent link
Carlos Isacovich (59112) | answered Aug 27 '22, 12:16 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '22, 12:39 p.m.
Hi Glyn

As I commented in the Ralph post, I faced the same problem in the 7.0.2 version.
The problem seems to be that the resolutionDate attribute must be read only. This attribute is automatically modified when resolution attribute is set, and resolution is NOT read only.
If you need to modify the resolutionDate, you can enable modification, change it, and disable again.

Moreover, at least in my case, no role was able to execute any action that leads to set the resolution. Nevertheless, I was able to transition the work item to a resolved state with a user with permissions as a Jazz Admin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 30 '21, 3:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glyn, you have to go into the process configuration and check permissions for the roles. The best option is to use the Web Admin UI. Check which roles can set/save/modify the resolution date. Also, check if there are changes on the permissions for the workflow actions.

Comments
Carlos Isacovich commented Aug 26 '22, 4:33 p.m.
I found the same problem with version 7.0.2.
1. There is no option to enable permissions to set/save/modify the resolution date. The only way is to give permissions to "modify the work item resolution " (which is supposed to enable the permission to modify the resolution and the resolution date)
2. Working with role that has enabled this permission for modifying the work item resolution and to execute a transition to set automatically the resolution I get the following error:
No tiene permiso para realizar las acciones siguientes:
  modify/resolutionDate.
3. Both Resolution and Resolution date attributes are configured as not read only.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.