It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while launching eclipse client while setting up client environment for plugin development

KT PD (597) | asked Sep 02 '21, 2:00 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am following RTC603EXTPot.pdf, for performing plugin development setup. I have successfully set up server side setup and now trying for client side.
When I click on debug configuration, for launching the eclipse client file, I am getting below error. 

!SESSION Thu Sep 02 11:24:08 IST 2021 ------------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2021-09-02 11:24:08.452
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:610)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:925)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:870)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:853)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:645)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Can anyone help me?
Thanks 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 30 '21, 3:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I recall that there were issues with the client SDK in some of the versions. I have seen errors like that. Which version are you trying? 

I would suggest to use the latest version of the workshop and to use the 6.0.6.1 or 7.0.2 for developing. It is possible to remove minimal version requirements from dependencies and deploy on older versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.