It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get all category values and types from the project area in QM with REST API

durga sankar (137) | asked Aug 30 '21, 5:14 a.m.

i am trying to get all the category types and values from the project area but with the get request i am able to get only few, 

1. https://<server>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/project_UUID/category
2. https://<server>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/project_UUID/categoryTypes

with the above two links i am able to get values bur, while i was checking i am able to get only few, and few others are missing. it's present/visible in the web GUI but i am unable to get with the REST request. 

ex.
like my categoryType if i have 5 types then those 5 types having total 50 values  then i am getting only 20, 30 rest of values are missing/ not getting through GET request. 

Please suggest, how can i get all the values from the project are ?

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Aug 31 '21, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
With OSLC, the standard way to get information like this is through an OSLC resource shape. With an enumerated property, the shape should include the URIs of the allowed values of the property, and you can GET each URI to fetch details of each enumeration value such as its rdfs:label . The URI of the resource shape can be discovered using any of the following:
  1. oslc:instanceShape of an artifact
  2. oslc:resourceShape on a creation factory for that type of artifact
  3. oslc:resourceShape on a query capability for that type of artifact followed by oslc:valueShape of the membership property of the query results container resource shape.

Comments
durga sankar commented Aug 31 '21, 4:15 a.m. | edited Aug 31 '21, 4:16 a.m.

hey David, thank you for the response first of all,

I am using python and rest API, so can this be possible to do. and can i have any reference link so i can go through to learn. i am kind of new to this kind of stuff with rest and oslc.  

David Honey commented Aug 31 '21, 4:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.