It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Showing changes to Module from review

Mubasher Malik (71) | asked Aug 29 '21, 2:44 a.m.

Hi All, 

This question is regarding reviews in DOORS Next. I have created a review on a module in a Stream in DOORS next (lets call this review R1). Everyone has reviewed the artifacts and I now am updating them.

Now my question is how do I see after the changes that these changes were made because of R1. One method I did read was that I can create a baseline prior to changes and compare to that baseline. However due to the fact that DOORS Next does not allow module baselines (or this is my understanding) I will have multiple baselines for multiple module updates which is not ideal. Is there a better way to see this review driven change?

Please excuse me if this is a simple question, I am a new user to DOOR Next. In DOORS classic the way in which I would have done this is to create module baselines. 

Thanks,

Mubasher

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 29 '21, 6:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In DOORS Next, you create baselines at the Component level (where a Component contains zero or more modules).

Any time you want to baseline the state of a module, just baseline the Component that contains that module.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I will have multiple baselines for multiple module updates".   You will create one baseline to capture the state that is being reviewed.  I would suggest that you review that baseline, rather than reviewing the stream, since otherwise changes can be made to the stream while that review was taking place, and you won't know to which state of the module any particular review comment is referring.   

When those reviews are completed (or while they are taking place), you can make changes to those modules in the stream based on the review feedback.   If you want to see what changes have been made on the stream in response to the reviews, you would compare the stream to the baseline being reviewed.   But there is only the one baseline, not multiple.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.