It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

nextMajor and nextMinor not giving suffix

Christopher Cote (1516) | asked Aug 20 '21, 12:14 p.m.

I am trying to traverse the baselines of a certain module I have open using the read function.  I have the following code:

Module m;
m = read("/DOORS Process Data/DXL Library/DXL Library Data - Customized", true);
sOlderBL = get(dbeBaseline1); //dbeBaseline1 is a listbox with a selected baseline
bufBL = sOlderBL;
indexDot = contains(bufBL, '.');
indexSpace = contains(bufBL, ' ');

nMajorOlder = intOf(sOlderBL[0:indexDot]);
nMinorOlder = intOf(sOlderBL[indexDot+1:indexSpace]);
sSuffixOlder = sOlderBL[indexSpace+1:];
blOlder = baseline(nMajorOlder, nMinorOlder, sSuffixOlder);

modOlder = load(m, blOlder, false);
blNextMinor = nextMinor();
infoBox("nextMinor = " major(blNextMinor)"" "." minor(blNextMinor)"" " " suffix(blNextMinor) "");

if (baselineExists(m, blNextMinor)) {
blNext = nextMinor;
}
However, when I get to the infoBox, it will give me values for the nextMajor and nextMinor, but I'm not getting the suffix of this next baseline after blOlder.  The same also occurs when I use the nextMajor function, and I need.the suffix in order to get the next minor baseline after that in may loop, yet I know that the next baseline has a suffix..  So what is going on and how do I fix it?  If I don't have the suffix, I'm unable to get the values I need from this baseline.

Chris

Comments
Christopher Cote commented Aug 20 '21, 1:26 p.m.

I have just tried to initialize sSuffixOlder at the top of the function as 

string sSuffixOlder = ""  

because I thought that perhaps the suffix was using the wrong version of the function, but that still does not work.

Chris

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.