It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

API to get all comments on jazz DNG server

Vlad Petcu (111) | asked Aug 19 '21, 6:59 a.m.

Do you know any api to get all the comments on the jazz DOORS NEXT server, maybe there is a way to get the comments for a project area with only one request per project area. 

Or even better to get the comments from the whole server and after to filter them in the way you want. I want to get the comments that are desierd to the curent user but if I can get all the comments and then filter them for what I need is ok.

I'm new to jazz so maybe is not the best question.

All the best
Vlad

2 answers

permanent link
Jerry Pascua (111) | answered Aug 24 '21, 5:25 a.m.
edited Aug 25 '21, 12:17 a.m.
 it just gives me back an html document.

Either you aren't authenticated or the URL is wrong/malformed.

You can test the URL in a logged-in browser, paste it into the address bar; you'll get XML if the query is good, or a 400 indigocard page. 

Thanks for response, Really appreciate.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Aug 19 '21, 9:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The DNG reportable REST API can export comments, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGReportableRestAPI

Comments
Vlad Petcu commented Aug 20 '21, 4:42 a.m.

Hi Ian, thanks for your answer.

I know about  the DNGReportable REST API and I read the documentation but I'm not able to get the data. I've seen in the documentation that you can filter the data by project so in my case if I want to get the commnents in a specific project I should use this URL:

https://server:port/rm/publish/comments?projectURI=myProjectUri

But when I try to make a GET request in Javascript with this URL it just gives me back an html document.

Ian Barnard commented Aug 24 '21, 5:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

it just gives me back an html document.

Either you aren't authenticated or the URL is wrong/malformed.

You can test the URL in a logged-in browser, paste it into the address bar; you'll get XML if the query is good, or a 400 error page. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.