It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder Custom Attribute not returning data

John Sabin (132) | asked Aug 18 '21, 8:24 a.m.
edited Aug 18 '21, 8:24 a.m.

Hello,

We have recently created a Custom Attribute in EWM that is an Enumerated list. It defaults to a Yes value so there is data in in the Attribute for every record. I added the Attribute to a report and it returns no value for the Attribute for any of the records.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Aug 18 '21, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you verified that the RDF for work items includes a statement for that custom attribute?
I suspect that work items that existed before you defined that custom attribute will either not have that property and/or EWM will not publish TRS modification events for them, in which case those work items indexed in LQE won't have that property. You may need to explicitly modify work items after defining that custom attribute, and you made need to refresh the type system model for the Lifecycle Query Engine data source in Report Builder.

Comments
John Sabin commented Aug 18 '21, 1:47 p.m.

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. 

I have not verified anything regarding RDF. What's confusing is that we have made many custom attributes since we started using EWM and have never run in to this issue before.  I think you are on the right track as these records were existing prior to the creation of this attribute. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.