It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I create a script based condition in Eclipse that won't let me save a work item to a specific work flow step if all items in a checklist aren't checked?

Logan Torres (175) | asked Aug 12 '21, 5:12 p.m.

I have a work item that has a checklist. I want to restrict the ability to move the WI to the next step in the workflow if all of the boxes aren't checked. Is there a way to do this?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '21, 1:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, conditions are not preventing save, unless used with the "read-only for condition" and similar preconditions.

You can try to write a validator if you insist on JavaScript this would validate the attribute containing the checkbox values.  I would give it the chance of about 1%, I have never been able to get Javascript based attribute customization working for "List" attributes.

A Java Based validator would likely possible. But then you have to deploy the validator and then I would suggest to rather create an Advisor, a Java based Server extension for work item save operations. See the RTC/EWM Extensions Workshop. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=Advisor&submit=Search for how advisors look like.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.