It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting the error - Value "MY.literal.l10" cannot be assigned to attribute "ChangeRequest:my" on creating from the template.

sonal neema (13114) | asked Aug 10 '21, 7:32 a.m.

We have imported a work item template from our Test to Production environment. Creation was successful, but on creating work item set from that template, we are facing the error - Value "MY.literal.l10" cannot be assigned to attribute "ChangeRequest:my".

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 10 '21, 8:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I know, work item templates depend on and contains project area process specific values. You have to make sure that the project area process you copy the template to supports all the values. If necessary you have to manually adjust the template or you can not copy it across project areas.

Comments
sonal neema commented Aug 10 '21, 9:44 a.m.

We have replicated the same project area exporting the process template from Test to Prod, so I'm thinking the parameters should be same. 

What changes can I make in manually in the project area? I did check the template but could not find the attribute "ChangeRequest:my"

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 10 '21, 10:36 a.m. | edited Aug 10 '21, 10:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you looked into the template XML and were not able to find a reference to the literal value or the attribute name, I have to assume that the issue happens when it is run. You could try to execute what the template does manually and see if the error happens too. 

You can also check the process source if you can find that literal and the related attribute. It needs to come from somewhere. The template, or either the source process, or the target process, maybe attribute customization.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.