It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command to list the streams which are locked

vinay kumar bondugula (7312668) | asked Jul 27 '21, 5:46 a.m.

All,

SCM team trying to have a script to find the streams which are locked in a project area and unlock them using the script. To achieve this they need a command which will list the streams which are locked. We have command to list the files which are locked in a specific stream and list the streams, but expected is not available. Please let us know if we can achieve the above using any option or a command. Let me know in case of any additional information.

Thanks,
Vinay

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 27 '21, 10:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 27 '21, 10:51 a.m.

I would suggest to familiarize your self with this documentation: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/6.0.6.1?topic=reference-source-control-command-line 

This is for Version 6.0.6.1 since you failed to provide the version you use, you might have to change the version.

I have never tried that but I think I have found the strategy in 1 minute. SCM command line supports several commands and you want to check what they do to get an impression about the variety.

I think a valid strategy to achieve what you want would be to list the streams. Then for each stream, list the locks. If there is one, the stream is locked. 

Apparently the unset command provides unset lock to unlock.

The rest requires a little bit glue shell scripting.

Hope that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.