It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How to add execution state in RQM

KT PD (597) | asked Jul 23 '21, 7:42 a.m.
closed Jul 07 '23, 2:41 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi Team,

I want to add new execution state in RQM. Please guide me

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Jul 07 '23, 2:41 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 23 '21, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You cannot add new execution states in RQM ... you have to use one of the 12 built-in ones.

But you can:
- Indicate in the project area which of the 12 you want used in the project area
- Modify the name of any of the built-in execution states.

This means that effectively you can have up to 12 execution states, which you can name anything you want.
But note that the system uses certain execution states for built-in semantics (such as when you cancel a test run), so you want to name those states something that is appropriate for those built-in semantics.

If you need more than 12 execution states in a given project area, you can define a custom category on the Test Result artifact.   You could then use the built-in execution state as a "state group name", and then use that custom category to contain the more detailed state information you wanted to be able to report on.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
KT PD commented Jul 07 '23, 2:24 a.m.
Hi Geoffrey,
Thanks for the reply.
As per you mentioned here, we have created one custom category named as Test_result_category. In the below path
Manage project properties-> Artifact Categories->Test Case Result Categories
but after this step we are not able to get what to do next to use that category.
Can you please explain the process more on how to use created custom artifact category.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 07 '23, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, your comment has nothing to do with the content of the question and answer. Please write your own question, thanks. 

KT PD commented Jul 10 '23, 2:52 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I am asking follow up question on the op of the answer given by Geoffrey.

Thanks