It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unable to change component of RM from Workitem for the linking of requirement

Gagan Kumar (53280) | asked Jul 21 '21, 3:02 p.m.

Hi Team

I enable the OSLC linking from CCM side and also enable configuration management in rm side and working in multiple component and stream.

i want to link up a requirement from workitem that is in different component of same project in rm but unable to change the component from workitem.

there is no option  in below image to change the component

3 answers

permanent link
Amit Talwar (5615) | answered Jul 22 '21, 9:52 a.m.
edited Jul 22 '21, 9:56 a.m.
In 6.0.6.1, when you are in a work item and create a link to a requirement, you will be prompted to select the project area first, then select the component.  If you are not seeing the component option, validate that you have selected a RM project area that has configuration management enabled.  Also, you will need to make sure that the Releases in EWM are configured to map to the appropriate GC and that the OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping is configured in the EWM project area for these links to resolve to the correct versioned artifact in the RM component configuration.  If you have checked all these already and are still unable to see the field to select the component, then I would suggest you raise a support case with IBM support.

permanent link
Amit Talwar (5615) | answered Jul 21 '21, 7:21 p.m.
Gagan,

What version of ELM are you using?  This interaction is different in 6.0.6.1 and prior compared to 7.X.  You also need to make sure that you have set the correct associations of EWM releases to the appropriate GC.

Comments
Gagan Kumar commented Jul 22 '21, 1:27 a.m.

Hi Amit

Thanks for the Answer.

I am using 6.0.6.1 of CLM , can you suggest me the way for 6.0.6.1 version,
how i can link the requirement in different component of rm in same project from workitem. 

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 21 '21, 4:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The image didn't make it through, but try creating the link from the requirement to the work item, rather than from the work item to the requirement.   That should be much easier. 

Comments
Gagan Kumar commented Jul 22 '21, 1:25 a.m. | edited Jul 22 '21, 1:30 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey

Thanks for the answer.
i agree there is way to linkup the requirement to workiteam, 

but can you please tell the way how i can link the requirement in different component of rm from workitem 

Project need is to link the requirement from workiteam not to the workiteam.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.