It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get work item data from RTC using APIs?

Ambar Thakur (211) | asked Jul 20 '21, 11:42 p.m.
edited Jul 21 '21, 5:31 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I am planning to make a desktop application which can download the required work ticket data from the RTC. I was not able to understand how the Reportable REST API can be used after going through its documentation. I was also confused about how the access authorization will be granted to access the RTC. I need  a documentation where I can get started with this

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 21 '21, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: I f you have questions about a specific documentation, provide the link to it in your question. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 21 '21, 4:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 21 '21, 5:34 a.m.

Please start here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

There are several official APIs to read data and at least two to write (CRUD) as far as I can tell. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/what-apis-are-available-for-rtc-and-what-can-you-extend/

The reportable REST API is documented in the linked article. It does not require any header information, all you have to do is to send the URI in a GET, after you have authenticated (Form based auth or Basic Auth). The syntax avoids the requirement of URL encoding and you get at all the data. The URI specifies which data you get in a nested way. You specify the attributes and if these are complex, the data of each attribute such as id or name. Most of the data is returned in a displayable format, other than for most of the other APIs, where you have to get the details in additional calls.

Here a valid Reportable REST URI you can GET. it gets for work item 1 the work item ID, the summary and the approval descriptors. For all descriptors it gets the desired data e.g. the approvals and the details for each approval : 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.