It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy to project via API

Andy Dennis (118) | asked Jul 15 '21, 10:30 a.m.

Hi,

We are using the DOORS Next "copy to project" feature to copy a folder containing several baseline modules from a reference project when starting a new project. These modules have links between them pre-defined and therefore are copied as well.  I've been asked if it's possible to use this same "Copy To Project" feature through an API or would we have to re-implement the whole process by copying each individual artifact within each module etc?  

Thanks,
Andy

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Jul 29 '21, 11:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you can export this reference information to reqif (which will include links) then there is a reqif import API  that you could automate. You even might be able to automate both export and import so the reference can be updated without having to manage a reqif export file?

You must make sure your type definitions used in the reference content all have (fixed) RDF URIs, including link types. I don't think reqif can transfer link constraints, or view definitions - but anyway you should always prototype this process to ensure it meets your end-to-end business needs.

Otherwise yes a RFE will be the best way to go.

Comments
Andy Dennis commented Jul 29 '21, 11:38 a.m.

Ah ok, thanks Ian, that's an interesting approach that I'll look into.  Yes, I've been through the pain a couple of years ago with URI's and and JRS so made sure everything has a URI 

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Jul 29 '21, 4:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andy
I'm afraid there is no API to perform this operation.  I would suggest that you open a product enhancement request where we can better discuss your requirements.

cheers
-ian

Comments
Andy Dennis commented Jul 29 '21, 4:15 a.m.

Ok, thanks Ian, will do 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.