It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is Current Test Result Property Has Been Purposefully Hidden from JRS

Andy Lapping (6838) | asked Jun 30 '21, 3:26 a.m.

In LQE I can see all the properties of a test result - one of those is called 'is current' - but in JRS this property is not visible. The resource shape indicates that this property has been purposefully hidden from JRS - why is that ?

3 answers

permanent link
Amit Talwar (565) | answered Jul 01 '21, 7:27 p.m.

permanent link
Amit Talwar (565) | answered Jul 01 '21, 7:27 p.m.
Andy, Current Test Result is exposed as part of the Execution Record, see the screenshot

Comments
Andy Lapping commented Jul 02 '21, 3:04 a.m.

Thanks Amit I was aware of that I was just confused as to why this property which would seem to be there to give me the same thing from a test case was deliberately hidden so I can report on it in ENI with custom sparql but not in JRS (without resorting to custom sparql !). 

permanent link
Karthik Sirimulla (1811) | answered Jul 01 '21, 1:07 a.m.

Comments
Andy Lapping commented Jul 01 '21, 2:43 a.m.

Thanks - the response to that post is the same as my question 'we dont expose that to LQE'

My question is Why ? That seems like a big gap in reporting which could easily be filled by changing one small word in the resource shape so that the property is visible (its there - we can see it in LQE) and the SPARQL to retrieve it would be child's play to implement 

There is isCurrentForBuild but of course that only works if you've assigned a build

Cheers
Andy

David Honey commented Jul 01 '21, 4:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm guessing here, but let me posit two possible reasons....

Hypothetical Reason 1

Say resource A is the current test result. Later, resource B becomes the current test result. For this to be reliably reported, the property has to change no both resources A and B with a TRS modification event for each.

Hypothetical Reason 2
Say that property is not persisted, but is dynamically computed each time a GET is performed and result included in the response. The problem here is that it may be difficult to compute which TRS modification events are required to maintain the correct data in indexing tools like LQE when some other persisted data changes.

I'm not saying either is the real reason. Just pointing out that providing this functionality might be non trivial. It might be much more complex than removing oslc:hidden from the OSLC property in the resource shape. If this is functionality that is desirable, submit an enhancement request so that IBM product offering management can prioritize against other competing demands for development bandwidth.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.