It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a table in a word document using server side plugin.

Pavan M (393) | asked Jun 25 '21, 8:23 a.m.
Hii,

I had a work item in that I need to get attribute values to a word document when the work item moves to a particular state. I am able to create a word document and able to store the data in the word document now I need to represent the stored data in table formate in the word document by using server side plugin which means I need to create table in word document by using server side plugin. I need to know is this possible or not, if possible how to implement that.
Please kindly let me know.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pavan m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 25 '21, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are no IBM EWM Server Side APIs for manipulating Word documents. How that works and which APIs you need is something that you could maybe find out in the Microsoft forums. If there is Java API for that, it should be possible to bundle that in an extension.

I am extremely worried about customers creating work documents in server extensions and would like to issue a warning, that you might be trying to do something that could be damaging.
Pavan M selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.