It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove Multiple Archived Users from RTC Project and Team areas

Adam Tremblett (11) | asked Jun 18 '21, 1:32 p.m.

Hi,

in RTC 6.0.6.1 archived users are showing in project areas like user name(archived).
I am trying to remove all archived users from the project areas, as well as the team areas without selecting each individually.

A previous solution stated this could be done by searching for "(archived)" on the members area of the project area management page, however when doing so there are no results. I have tried various searches with different wildcard placements with no luck.

Additionally, I have quite a few team areas and would like to remove the archived users from any team areas, hopefully without having to click through each team area to check if there are any present.

Thanks,
Adam

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 19 '21, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What I would do is as follows

I would create a small Plain Java Client Library API based cleint
that iterates all users

Code for that can be found here

Checks for the archived flag The IContributor should have a way to check fior that.

Use the code in this post (at the end) to iterate the project and team areas for the user and remove the user.

To set up an enviroment to do that development perform lab 1 of https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 19 '21, 12:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: try to use the browser search and not the name search for Archived, because Archived is no internal search criteria.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.