It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Filter on review comments in a DNG Module

Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | asked Jun 17 '21, 10:30 a.m.
closed Jun 16 '23, 11:40 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

Hello,

As a moderator of the review in DNG module, I want to filter only the comments given on a single DNG Module.
For e.g: 

I am particpating in the review, where I want to see the artifacts which has comments in a module but I cannot filter using the review comments attribute.

Its difficult to go through entire module searching for the comments where you have more than 500 artifacts.

Can someone help?

Best regards,

Comments
Mike Scharnow commented Jun 16 '23, 10:14 a.m. | edited Jun 16 '23, 11:39 a.m.

using 7.0.2 I cannot confirm that  a review comment is just a comment that can be used for sorting.when I add comments to the review view, the reviewed artifacts in the module are not sorted to the front or back. Any other idea how to find review comments?

David Honey commented Jun 16 '23, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mike, please ask questions in your own post rather than submitting them as answers to someone elses question.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Other" by davidhoney Jun 16 '23, 11:40 a.m.

3 answers

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Jun 17 '21, 5:58 p.m.

If you don't need to filter on the specifics of the Comments, add the Comments column to your view, click on the top of the Comments column to sort the column so that all the artifacts with Comments show first.

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Jun 18 '21, 7:38 a.m.
edited Jun 18 '21, 7:47 a.m.

Hello Kim, 

Yes, creating a view with Review Comments attribute is useful but you can't sort the attribute- Review Comments as other attribute because it is an indicator.
If you click on the top of the Column heading of Review Comments column, it will not sort.

Regards,
Shriraam

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Jun 21 '21, 12:14 p.m.

The review comments indicator shows the same as a regular Comment indicator, so sorting on the Comments column will also show Comments that are part of the Review.  What we have found is that we need to have a view created within the module for the Review, so that the artifacts can easily be added to the Review with context.  It's a pain to have to manually create a view like this, since we don't have a filter with ancestors available.  Once in the Review view, those Comments can be sorted and any open Comments within that filter/view should be accessed as part of the Review.