It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to extract the process configuration source of an work item using plugin.

Pavan M (393) | asked Jun 15 '21, 8:24 a.m.
edited Jun 15 '21, 8:25 a.m.
Hii,

I had a requirement that, I had a project area in that I had workitem called "A". Now I need to implement the same workitem "A" in another project area. Is there any possibility to extract "process configuration source" of the particular work item using Plugin. Please suggest if any possibility is there or Is there any possibility to extract the process configuration source" of complete project area by using plugin.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pavan m.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 15 '21, 12:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not think you talk about implementing a work item. You talk about implementing/copying the work item type definition and all the enumerations and all that.

This might be possible, but it is definitely not something that we support. You want to minimize the supported processes, or you want to make the teams responsible for maintaining their own process.

By the way, the work item type, the attributes and enumerations etc. would still be different. You want to maybe look into sharing the process: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=pm-standardize-process-by-using-project-area-process-sharing

Not sure if that supports what you want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.