It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I import test script step results like Excel/Word Importer Utility via REST API?

Ralph Geister (134) | asked Jun 14 '21, 1:22 p.m.
edited Jun 14 '21, 1:23 p.m.

The REST API description https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi gives no clear picture how to do this. 

The documentation of Excel/Word Importer Utility provides the information that a generated Microsoft Excel file supports the following items: Step Result, Actual Result, and Comments (read and write). That is exactly the information that I would like to import directly via REST API. 

Rational Quality Manager 6.0 is used.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Jun 15 '21, 12:43 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

You can do a GET on any exiting result with all this information and then update the XML accordingly and PUT it back to same URL for updating the result and to a new URL to create a new result.

Thanks

Ralph Geister selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Geister commented Jun 15 '21, 4:08 a.m.

The following chat solved my problem

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Geister (134) | answered Jun 15 '21, 4:10 a.m.
Hi Monika, 

it works, thank you very much.

Greetings,
Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Geister (134) | answered Jun 15 '21, 2:59 a.m.

You opened up a new perspective for me with your answer.  So if I relate that to my use case, then I can generate a test case result (executionresult) with test step results (ns16:stepResults). The system then automatically generates the executionelementresult  records.

If my use case works, I'll let you know.

Thank you

permanent link
Ralph Geister (134) | answered Jun 15 '21, 2:09 a.m.

Hi Monika,

thank you for your answer.

I already have the knowledge to handle most of the QM artifacts at the REST API (Reportable and OSLC), like Test Cases, TCR, TECR, TSR, TSER. 

So far, my attempts to import test step results have failed. Test results, on the other hand, are possible without any problems. It is a mystery to me how it can even work, since the artifact type executionstepresult  allows only a GET request. In addition, the data model for the relationship between test case results and test step results is not clearly documented.

Comments
Monika Rajput commented Jun 15 '21, 2:23 a.m.

Yes, the REST PUT on executionstepresult is not supported. You can do this as a part of Execution Result only.

And for Excel Utility, the step result actual result and all the information mentioned is supported when exported as a part of execution result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.