It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to directly access a TRS (Tracked Resource Set) e.g. of CCM?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | asked Jun 14 '21, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 14 '21, 9:51 a.m.

I am looking into an event mechanism to provide work item change events to an external application. We have identified several possible mechanisms e.g.

1. Polling using an OSLC or built in query
  2. Polling and using the TRS (Tracked Resource Set) to identify change events 
We also consider
  • Follow up action (participant) extension on work item save
  • Event mechanism based extension (see events in EWM process configuration)
  • Asynchronous task extension
We are sure we can work out 1.
For 2. I have tried to access the TRS using a client API that logs into CCM and then tries to access the TRS URI. e.g. GET https://elm.example.com:9443/ccm/oslc/workitems/trs2 . This does not work. The basic (or other) authentication is not accepted and I get nothing and a redirect to another authentication page, or I get an error.

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ0977I The "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.enterprise-v3" server license policy does not allow the "com.ibm.team.jis.trs.read" operation.
Does any one know if there is a way to access the TRS directly? 

Otherwise I suppose we would have to try to access the LQE instead.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Jun 14 '21, 8:09 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

To access the TRS Feed for CCM or any CLM applications, I believe you need to have the TRS Consumer Internal license assigned.

Best Regards,
Bharath

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jun 14 '21, 9:10 a.m.

Ralph, I was given an additional license jar that added more users for the TRS consumer license.
I've emailed it to you directly. With that, you should be able to install and allocate a license to yourself to access any TRS.

Comments
David Honey commented Jun 14 '21, 9:11 a.m.

I should add this is for internal IBM and Persistent use only.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 14 '21, 9:35 a.m.

Thanks David, I will have a look. Yes, obviously the license is for internal use. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 14 '21, 9:42 a.m.

I uploaded the licenses and assigned them and I can access the TRS now. I wonder if this is feasible for the external application. How would a customer get such a license? Would it cost? 

I guess there will have to be a discussion which option to follow. I think we would be able to query LQE without the requirement of installing another license.

Thank you and Bharath for the answer, unfortunately I can only accept one of them 

David Honey commented Jun 14 '21, 9:47 a.m.

Re: I wonder if this is feasible for the external application. How would a customer get such a license? Would it cost? 

Of course that's a business and sales decision rather than a technical one. So as a mere developer, I have no idea. You will need to ask IBM Sales and/or IBM Product Offering Management.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 14 '21, 9:52 a.m.

Very true. Thanks David. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.