It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0.6 - Navigate to specific section of a Module

Kelly Hoffman (4816) | asked Jun 10 '21, 11:40 a.m.
edited Jun 10 '21, 11:42 a.m.

Since Modules have a document look and feel, with structured content and headings, Users want a navigation pane to view the Module hierarchy Headings and quickly 'scroll' to specific Sections.  

This is an expected behavior available from all Document Applications.

Does DNG 6.0.6 have this function?
If not available in 6.0.6, is this user experience functionality planned for 7.x releases? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Jun 10 '21, 1:44 p.m.

There's also the module explorer widget available to add to your mini dashboard. It's like the module explorer in Classic DOORS except you have to refresh the explorer in DNG if you make changes to the hierarchy and want to see it.  You can find the widget under the rm > Requirements category of widgets.

v6.0.6.1

Kelly Hoffman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carol Watson commented Jun 10 '21, 2:26 p.m.

Hi Kim,

What's the name of that widget?  I just checked under Requirements widgets in 6.0.6.1 and don't see any new widgets?

Thanks,
Carol 

Kimberly Boshers commented Jun 10 '21, 4:28 p.m.

Module Explorer.  We also downloaded it from this wiki page at one time: RMExtensionsExamples605 < Main < TWiki (jazz.net)  I'm not sure we downloaded it for our new server though, so I was surprised to see it listed in our widgets, not just a link we had to add to point to it.  

(I don't have enough points to share a picture)

One other answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Jun 10 '21, 11:53 a.m.

Hi Kathy,

You can use Levels to reduce the View to Level 1, Level 2, etc. 

What we do in our large modules (over 5000 artifacts) is manually create an Artifact at the top of each Level 1 section that lists the Section #'s and accompanying header text. They then use the Go To function to navigate to a section.

It's not ideal but it does the job.  They update the section list when they add new sections.

Hope this helps,
Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.