It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copying Project area with all links, artifacts, comments etc in RDNG

KT PD (597) | asked Jun 09 '21, 1:49 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am working on copying one project area in another in RDNG. The requirement is to copy everyting including external links, all artifacts with properties etc.
Please support me which type of method I can use for the same so I will find exact copy.

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
KT PD (597) | answered Jun 10 '21, 6:07 a.m.

Hi team,

I have found after RnD that, to clone artifacts its a good way to migrate maximum artifacts properties to another project area. I am trying to clone one of artifacts, but I am not able to find the "clone from component" option at right click on folder view of the artifacts.

Can you please help me out to migrate the data from one project area to another by cloning method also please mention the pre requisite for this migration.

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Jun 09 '21, 12:51 p.m.

We've had to do this when moving from our Test server to Production.  We made a Template of the Project, downloaded it and then uploaded to a brand new Project Area.  We had to recreate the users and permissions, which was kind of a pain, but we didn't have many users at that point.

The template creation tab is found under Manage Project Properties. If you have a large database, you may need to change some settings, such as turning debugging on, increasing Rogue SPARQL Query abort timeout, changing the upload limit when ready to load the new template.  I would contact support to help you with deciding your best option and parameters needed to move forward.

Now, I'm wondering if all our attribute Comments will go with the move, because they don't copy over when you copy artifacts, and I'm not seeing it as a separate option to add as part of the Template.  Maybe someone will find a way to change artifact Comments into an Attribute, so the moving of the Comments is possible. Again, I don't know if it is.

There is also an option to make a Reqif export.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.