It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Call an editor in script

Reem Kadadihi (135) | asked Jun 08 '21, 5:10 a.m.
edited Jun 08 '21, 8:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hello everyone,
is it possible to call an editor such the web.inline or the planviewer in java script code?
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Reem.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 09 '21, 2:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 09 '21, 2:25 p.m.

This question does not conatain any useful information about the use case. I'd anwer 'No' to not make the answer much longer than the question.

Comments
Reem Kadadihi commented Jun 09 '21, 2:34 p.m.
Hello Ralph,

thanks for the answer.
The use case is the following:
I want to open the web.inline editor inside a widget which is built in the mini dashboard.
It is only one work item which apeears in the widget and I want to open either the online or the plan view editor.
The widget is written in JavaScript this is why I want to know if I can call any method
to invoke the editor there.
I hope it is clear now.
Regards.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 10 '21, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would wish more users would describe what they want to do in the initial question.

This is certainly not a supported and tested scenario. I have never come across anything that would suggest that this works. Feel free to analyze the message traffic that happens when opening an inline editor for a work item. Maybe you can call similar code, maybe not. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.