It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Urgent] Thousands of artifacts locked in stream after delivering changeset full of changes made via RMExtensions api

Jake Hadley (132) | asked Jun 04, 1:50 p.m.

My company manages requirements in DOORS/RM/CLM and we've found a major issue when working with the RM Extensions api and we have a number of questions that would need answered. One of our guys delivered a changeset and afterwards there were a few thousand artifacts that were locked and the artifacts listed him as having locked them, and then he went on vacation and won't be back for a month. Classic. But questions are:

1. When making changes to a large number of artifacts via the RM api, does the api call lock down an artifact while the edit is happening? There isn't any information on the api docs on locking/unlocking.
2. Can the api operate on a stream instead of a changeset to unlock artifacts? The reason for this need is that you can't deliver a changeset on a locked artifact. And we need the artifacts unlocked. It would be good if this were possible via the api.
3. How would this be avoided in the future? If the api locks artifacts, this could be a huge problem if the server cuts out during execution of an api call and locks the artifacts.
4. Is there a way to verify that artifacts are not locked before delivering a changeset?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 05, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a forum and not Sev1 support. If you refer to an API, it would be a good idea to be more specific and maybe provide a link to the docs or other info about the API you use.

OSLC APIs use ETAGs that you send back in an if statement to decide if an object was medified by something else in the meantime and then reject updates.

Jake Hadley commented Jun 07, 11:48 a.m.

Thanks for reaching out Ralph. This is in regards to the RM Extensions Api as I said in the post. Do you have multiple RM Extensions api's so that I can be more specific in the future?  (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsAPI702). 

Since this is not Sev1 support, are you able to provide a link or other info to the place that I should be asking these questions? Is this forum not a place where we can try and get info from the community or moderators/developers such as yourself about the products that you support? Do you know who would know how and be able to take the time to provide answers to the questions listed above?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 07, 2:55 p.m.
Jake, you can ask here. API questions here are perfectly fine, but if you have a production system disabled and it is urgent, you should contact support.

We have so many APIs, so you better put a link in, if you can. I do not really know that API, so I can't really comment on it.

Jake Hadley commented Jun 09, 11:35 a.m.

Do you know how we can contact a higher level support, assuming we're contracted with them and can help with our problems regarding clm?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 09, 2:09 p.m.

Open this page: https://jazz.net/ see the menu called 'Support' and open a case from there.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.